This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Posts by admin
Right now is the time to buy DH12 as his stock seems to be dropping like a lead balloon as his persona grows larger than his play. If he were to be traded, which you would think is inevitable at this point, his values will climb back to their original $8-10 per Topps Chrome RC rather than their current $3-5. Jump on some of them now. Even if he doesn’t get traded this season these are a good investment at less than $5.
Everyone knows about his huge game this past weekend, but everyone isn’t reacting by buying up his cards. His values saw a bit of a rise but nothing in comparison to Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas’s values after they won their Wild Card game. So what’s the deal?
Argument #1: The 49ers were expected to win
First of all, this isn’t true. They were 13-3 and had the bye but Vegas favored New Orleans and if the experts were any indication the 49ers were given essentially no shot to win this game. Obviously this explanation isn’t plausible.
Argument #2: He was a disappointment most of the season, statistically speaking at least, and one game won’t make up for it.
While factually true, this logic doesn’t hold true when compared to Demaryius Thomas who was a mega disappointment with the exception of a few TD’s until the Wild Card weekend.
Argument #3: He’s a Tight End
The Tight End he beat, Jimmy Graham, refutes that point all by his lonesome. His values have risen all season and then still saw a spike after the Wild Card victory.
Argument #4: He’s not as likable as Demaryius Thomas, etc.
While his career under Mike Singletary had a rough start he has been nothing but a model citizen the last year and a half around San Francisco. One needn’t look further than the tears he shed after scoring the game winning TD to see how passionate he is about this game. True fans of the game should love that. I know I do.
Argument #5: Alex Smith is seeing most of the money.
This is probably the best argument as Smith’s 2005 Playoff Contenders jumped from $70 to $150-200 instantly following the last second victory. Frank Gore has also seen a bit of an increase.
Argument #6: The fan base isn’t good enough
Of all the asinine things I’ve heard concerning this topic this one takes the cake. Take a second to look at the 49ers fans and their loyalty and you’ll realize that very few teams have as fierce of fans as San Fran.
While it is true that VD’s value has experienced an uptick many of his RC’s and Auto’s can still be had for bargain prices. Very different scenario than the Demaryius Thomas frenzy of week’s past.
- The non-numbered base version of this Evan Lysacek Allen & Ginter Autograph usually sells near $20. This red version /10 is only at $15. Not much time left!
- One of these Dual Gary Payton/Paul Pierce autographs recently sold for $30+ and THAT was a deal. This one is under $20 currently.
- “Mikolai” Khabibulin Zenith Truly Yours Auto at $.95 with no bids. Steal waiting to happen.
- Not a super steal but definitely a good price for this Alex Burmistrov Contenders Auto RC.
- Strangely enough this Tim Tebow SP Authentic Auto Patch RC /299 is not selling as high as recent auctions even though everything else with his face on it has gone sky high. $152 currently. 2 colors go in the $190-250 range.
- Sidney Rice Certified Emerald Auto /5… $.99. Easy flip for $10-15.
- Buffalo Sabres fans who aren’t sick of Jhonas Enroth yet should nab this lot of 2 Auto RC’s currently at $6 which is about half the usual value.
- 1 day auction on a Panini Elite Blaine Gabbert RC Auto /199 is at about 1/3 normal value currently. Get it under $16-18. Seller also has a 1 day auction for a Daniel Thomas of the same set.
- Andrea Bargnani has been on fire and his SPX Auto Jsy RC is actually fairly limited at 299 copies. The last few have sold around $30. This one is at $12.
Not a steal but a notable auction: Ricky Rubio Exquisite at over $400.
Save a few dollars by buying your cards from us. We are posting new cards and auctions daily. Please check them out HERE. Don’t forget we always offer FREE SHIPPING!
Here is a sampling of items ending today:
The New Jersey Devils got smacked around last night by the Calgary Flames so naturally there was a decent fight to watch. Sadly the flailing and falling involved in the fight was pretty representative of the rest of the Devils night:
My personal favorite performance of the night was the rejuvenated Jaroslav Halak stopping all 19 shots to shutout Montreal in Montreal in his first return to his former arena. He made some amazing saves along the way to the goose egg.
The Heat fell to a Steph Curry-less Warriors team last night as the Big 3 combined for 76 points. The Warriors didn’t do anything all that special to win this one. They had more fouls and turnovers than the Heatles and they shot a measly 40% compared to Miami’s 45%. This game would have belonged to the Heat if it weren’t for abysmal shooting from the free throw line (25-40). It’s also worth noting that the Heat were up 17 in the second half of this tilt.
Other NBA notable performances included Russell Westbrook’s 30 point game, The Black Mamba’s 48 on the Suns and Stephen Jacksons 34 to help the Bucks knock off the Spurs who are still winless on the road.
Potential Steals for the Day
- I would be remiss not to mention the several auctions we have ending today. All twitter followers and Blog readers get a 5% discount if they win one of our items with no limit on the amount of items you get a discount on.
- Monitor the “Aaron Rogers” search listings over the next couple of weeks. Nothing big has popped up but I’m sure it will.
- Not an amazing steal by any means but if you can snag this Tyler Ennis case hit for less than $10 it’s a solid buy. Currently at $3.56.
- This Yogi Berra would be a nice grab for less than $20-25. It’s currently at $10.
- Torrey Smith Topps Chrome Auto for $8. Could be much more next week. $8 is a bit low but about average. The title of the auction will crack you up though.
- These Dwight Freeney Chrome Auto’s typically sell for $25-30 raw so this one is a deal right now at $11.
- This Cameron Jordan RC Auto/ 10 is stupidly low at $2. His team is still churning along in the playoffs and he had a good day last weekend.
- These Tim Wheeler’s typically go for $7-10. This one is .99 currently.
- Anything less than $75 for this is a GREAT deal. CC Sabathia 1999 Topps Traded Auto RC at $48 now.
That’s all for today!
To all that watched the annihilation of the LSU Tigers, specifically Jordan Jefferson, start picking out your NFL teams draft day wishlist by checking out the rosters of LSU and Bama. As I’m sure everyone knows the Tide rolled over LSU 21-0 in quite a showing of dominance holding the Tigers to 92 total yards. The game can fairly easily be summed up in a play or two:
The NBA provided a few highlights Monday but of particular interest is the continuing progression of Andrea Bargnani into a star or at least as much of a star as Toronto will allow. He dropped 31 on the Timberwolves last night in a game where Kevin Love looked more human than usual.
Black Diamond Hockey has been released. The Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and other stud rookie scramble begins yet again. Black Diamond is always one of the better RC products for Hockey. Also this year Upper Deck Ice Premieres with it’s 4 level RC system is being inserted into Black Diamond adding even more value to the product.
Hot Ice Cards:
- Ice Premieres Level 4 – #’d to 1999
- Ice Premieres Level 3 – #’d to 999
- Ice Premieres Level 2 – #’d to 499
- Ice Premieres Level 1 – #’d to 99
In the NHL last night there were notable performances by Scott Clemmensen who bounced back after allowing an early goal to the Canucks to shut them out over the last 55 minutes and Jack Johnson as the Kings rolled the Capitals along with a “Tebow” by Johnson:
Potential Steals of the Day
- Want an instant Eddie Royal stash for $15? This could be big bucks next week if they beat New England.
- Here is a pretty solid 2010-11 Ultimate Hockey Resale lot for $13 at the moment.
- Potential for a super steal on a Claude Giroux lot here. The Young Guns alone are selling for $25 each right now.
- After finishing with over 1,000 yards I like his chances to shine next year. A PSA 10 currently under $20 is a very good deal.
- The #TebowTrain keeps rolling. Can they knock off the Patriots next weekend? I wouldn’t count on it…and thus I have decided to list all of my Tebow and Demaryius Thomas RC’s on ebay.
- Andy Dalton and the Bengals were run over by the Texans. Look for a rise in Andre Johnson’s value now that he is finally getting some postseason love. Only a few of his RC’s are listed and one got a $5 bid when it wouldn’t have gotten $.01 a week ago.
- Eli Manning added another tally to his postseason win total. He deserves more props than Tim Tebow. Talk about a guy who has been faced with nothing but naysayers for most of his career. He is now 5-3 in the playoffs with 10 TD’s and 6 INT’s and of course a Super Bowl victory. I root for Eli any chance I get. It has to be tough being Peyton’s little brother.
HOT AUCTIONS and POTENTIAL STEALS ENDING TODAY
- This Quad Auto Exquisite patch with LT and more is tough to gauge in price but I would bet anything under $60 is solid for this beauty. Currently $26
- This Joe Dimaggio Autograph isn’t so much a steal (a little low but about right) but a very cool item.
- This rare SP from Panini Limited 2011-12 Hockey of Winnipeg prospect Mark Scheifele is super steal at it’s current price. The first two have ended at $45 and $70. Currently $29 w/ no bids!
- If you’re a believer in Daniel Thomas this would be a solid pickup for anything less than $20 to stash for next season. Crown Royale Gold Die Cut Auto Patch currently at $4.25.
- This Alex Ovechkin Autograph /50 is a great deal at it’s current bid of less than $30.
That’s all for right now. Enjoy the Championship game tonight!
There are several players who may see quite a spike in value this coming week if they make a big impact in their wild card games. Here are a few:
Kevin Smith, Detroit, RB:
He already saw a bit of a spike once this year after his big game against Carolina in Week 11. Of course that was before everyone really knew just how easy it was to run all over the Panthers. His 2008 SP Authentic Auto Patches are fairly abundant (999) and should act as the barometer for his value should he have a good game against the Saints. He is part of the Lions passing game and teams seem to hit the ground more in the playoffs so expect him to have a huge impact on the game. Whether it is negative or positive remains to be seen. I fully expect his 2008 SPA to move from $7ish to $15 if he does well and the Lions win. It may not sound like much but that is doubling your money no matter how you look at it.
Matt Stafford-Calvin Johnson:
Chances are there isn’t much room for profit at this point unless you already own their stuff but if these two combine for big yards and knock off New Orleans there will be a lot of talk the next week about them…unless of course the Denver Tebows win and then nothing gets talked about but him.
Darren Sproles, New Orleans Saints, RB:
What more does this guy have to do to get some cardboard respect? His 2005 SPA Auto is around $20, or about the same as Michael Turner by comparison from the same set. Maybe it’s because he has a ton of RC Autos from a bunch of other Topps and UD garbage products like Foundations, Finest Inserts and others that bring the value down…who knows? What I do know is that this guy is a game changer and since becoming a Saint he has morphed into a feature back rather than a gadget guy. He does still split carries but Saints fans know they want him in the game when they need a big play. He also led the league in yards per carry with 6.9.
Willis McGahee, Denver Tebows, RB:
Chances are if the Broncos were to pull of the upset and beat a beat up Pittsburgh team it will be because of McGahee and probably Lance Ball pounding the ball. McGahee, whose career has been stricken with injuries, had a heck of a season with 1200 yards in 15 games a 4.8 YPC average. It was his 4th 1,000 yard season and he is 30 years old. He was supposed to expire a couple years ago! His 2003 SP Authentic RC sells for $.99 routinely. Even if you don’t end up making big bucks on this one it’s a solid PC card of a guy who just may get to 10,000 rushing yards after all.
Other players poised for profit if they pull off a win:
- Jeff Garcia, QB, Houston Texans…seriously. Obviously Yates will need to get hurt but he has shown he is more than capable of leaving games early.
- Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons…it’s time Matty Ice make some noise in the playoffs
- Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons…expect him to explode back on to the scene and put Julio Jones back in his shadows this January.
Hot Auctions Ending This Weekend:
- This Andy Dalton Gold Standard Auto Patch is about $50 below the norm.
- Jimmy Graham Panini Limited Auto RC/199, anything under $30 is solid as long as New Orleans wins this weekend.
- This strategically time Eli Manning Finest Auto RC BGS 9.5 will end Sunday night. If the Giants lose, pick it up for anything less than $125.
- Another potential steal if the G-men lose.
- Why people don’t take time listing Dual Auto Patches any better is beyond me.
- Oh look, that person has a ton of Dual Auto Patches from The Cup listed and all of them don’t have player’s first names!
- Stamkos Auto/5 for $30…Steven, but you wouldn’t know that from the title.
- More to come
NBA season is now in full swing and a few new faces are making big impacts.
- Ricky Rubio has the Minnesota Timberwolves running the floor well and looking like a brand new team. They haven’t anointed him the starting point guard spot yet but he is on his way playing more or just as many minutes as Ridnour lately. His 2009-10 Topps Chrome RC is his best base card to chase which are selling at about $30 but as high as $50. Remember that even though Minnesota is a small market it is a market that pays good money for their favorite rookie cards. It looks like his cheap RC’s are even selling well so snatch up what you can before these guys end up in a playoff race!
- The Indiana Pacers who were doing well until they got steamrolled by the Heat earlier this week have several candidates for cardboard breakout this season. Our choice would be Roy Hibbert who has several nice RC’s from 2008-09 products like Bowman Chrome, Topps Chrome, UD Premier and UD Exquisite. He is currently averaging a double-double and don’t forget about his solid finish to the season last year. This could be his time to shine on a playoff team this May.
Hot NBA Auctions Ending Today:
- One of Kevin Durant’s best Rookie Cards. It won’t be cheap.
- Here’s a card that used to sell for $100 all day every day. At $25 right now.
- Someone is selling off several Jrue Holiday Auto RC’s. He is going to climb even more in value this year. This kid is a stud.
Of course the NHL is providing plenty of cardboard surprises lately as well. For instance…
- Suddenly Claude Giroux is getting the love he deserves. His Young Gun RC, of which I bought several for under $10 at the beginning of the season are selling in the $20-25 range constantly. His Ultimate Auto RC’s which were closer to $30 are now at $70. If he wasn’t so good this would be a SELL!SELL!SELL! bulletin but I don’t think you’re going to be losing out on any profits with him any time soon.
- Lars Eller went off for 4 goals last night doubling his season total in one measly game against the Winnipeg Jets. Obviously there is no need to get too excited as it was the Jets and his numbers this year are still atrocious.
- TJ Oshie of the St. Louis Blues is on pace to set career highs in nearly every stat category. The 25 year old looks like he has finally come into his own and is playing very well leading the Blues to 5th place in the West currently and that is after they went on a three game slide. His 08-09 Young Guns can still be had for a buck or two at any moment. I’d suggest picking up a few.
NHL Hot Auctions Ending Today:
- A PSA 9 recently sold for $52 and this is essentially it’s equal at $11 right now.
- Anything under $25 is a good deal and solid investment for this Jeff Skinner card currently at $16.
- With the Nuge out for a week or so expect Taylor Hall to step it up. Also at $29 currently this is about $50 below it’s norm.
- Zach Hamill’s Young Gun’s have been gaining value recently going from $2 to about $5 and this auction is for a High Gloss /10 with a YG and currently only at $13.
- Bad picture on this Milan Lucic but a 1 color sells for about $20 and this is a 2 color for $10.
That’s all for today. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s special Wild Card weekend Hot Auctions!
This kid is good just in case you hadn’t heard. Colorado’s 3rd Overall pick in 2009 is paying huge dividends as he approaches the 60 goal mark (for his career) averaging almost a point per game for his career thus far. The 20 year old lefty Center probably would have went #1 if a guy name Tavares hadn’t been in the 2009 draft class.
His cards are relatively cheap compared to guys like Tavares and other young stars. (Prices are sell value, we don’t go by book value…that’s just nonsense)
Upper Deck The Cup Auto Patch /99: $375-500 (may be even wider range depending on colors in patch)
Upper Deck Ice /99: $200-$300 (These don’t show up very often)