If everyone remembers the cool story about the seven year old with a inoperable brain cancer being handed the ball to score a touchdown at the Nebraska spring game you’ll think this is cool too.
Proceeds go to the Jack Foundation. As some of you know I’m a sports card nerd. This is so awesome. Original video of Jack’s TD:
You can get a much cheaper copy ($10) of Jack’s Rookie Card and still support Pediatric Brain Cancer research here.
I guarantee no RC you purchase today or even in the next year will make you feel as good as getting little Jack’s RC.
Check out this 2010 Bowman Sterling Superfractor Autographed 1/1 Patch RC of Chiefs safety Eric Berry. Nice card right? Check out the autograph. OOPS!
— Get Some!!! (@sgtpillow) May 8, 2013
Luck pulls ahead in ROY race
Okay it wasn’t his record breaking performance of the week before but the now 6-3 Colts led by rookie Andrew Luck handled the Jaguars just as any decent team should: by 17 points. 2012 Topps Chrome Hobby boxes and packs release today while retail has been in stores like Target and Walmart as early as monday. Exclusive orange refractors found in rack packs ($9.99 most places) are selling very well especially of bigger names. Luck in the $20-25 range, Trent Richardson in the $5-10 range, and RGIII in the $10-20 range. Considering every $9.99 rack pack comes with a 3 pack of orange refractors, and of course the rest of the rack pack I would recommend getting out and grabbing all the rack packs you can find.
Ugly Auto Patches
Meanwhile the first Auto Patch RC of RGIII has surfaced and is over $100 in the first day of bidding. I expect this one to finish around $400.
BLUE WAVE REFRACTORS
And don’t forget, get a redemption and you will not only get the autograph eventually but also a “Blue Wave” refractor pack which can contain autos of Alfred Morris, Josh Gordon, Daryl Richardson, Brandon Bolden, Bobby Wagner, Vontaze Burfict, Jorvorskie Lane, Greg Zuerlein, Joseph Morgan, Rod Streater, Bryce Brown and Damaris Johnson. Richardson, Morris, Zeurlein and Burfict could be nice hits out of these. Each redemption will get you a three card pack of blue wave refractors with randomly inserted autos.
I love these things. Tall boy minis are so cool. A mix of rookies and retired legends team with throwbacks from 1957 and 1984.
I’ll let a few pics speak for themselves…
BOLD MEANS I OWN IT
3. 1950 Bowman Joe Perry RC-GOT IT! PSA 5
4. 1984 USFL Steve Young RC- GOT IT! PSA 8
5. 1979 Topps Earl Campbell RC Graded- GOT IT! PSA 7
10. Steve McNair Autograph- GOT IT!
14. TJ Oshie SPA Auto RC Graded GOT IT! BGS 9.5
18. 1986 Topps Jerry Rice RC GOT IT! PSA 8
19. 1981 Topps Joe Montana RC Graded GOT IT! PSA 7
20. 2005-06 Hot Prospects Jaroslav Halak Auto Patch Graded…have this but not graded
21. Reggie Miller RC Graded GOT IT! – PSA 8 Fleer
22. Randy Johnson RC Graded GOT IT! BGS 9 Upper Deck
24. Cris Carter Autograph GOT IT! 1999 UD Century Legends
- All Atlanta Falcons not named Jacquizz Rodgers. We still love Jacquizz but he was a bit of an afterthought Sunday.
- Drew Brees big primetime performance, and more importantly a primetime victory, has hushed the Saints doubters at least temporarily. Big win for NOLA.
- Ryan Mathews had a huge game in a loss to the Saints. While a lot of RB’s have done well against NOLA it is still a big step forward for him.
- Jamaal Charles continues to thrive despite KC’s best efforts to be the worst team in the league. He is still selling incredibly low based on his talent and performance.
- Ahmad Bradshaw was back in a big way. 200+ yards from scrimmage and a Giants victory should cause a nice uptick in his 2007 SP Authentic Auto RC which have pretty much been a steal for about a year now.
- Rashard Mendenhall is back and looked very good. He played 22 snaps scoring once and running 16 times. Very good news for those holding his RC’s after his abrupt exit last season. We imagine this investment window will be closing quickly as the Steelers love their players and he gets the Titans in primetime this week.
- Reggie Wayne of course had a huge day but we don’t expect this to move his cardboard much.
- Joe Flacco and the Ravens defense. Everyone has shredded the KC secondary but Flacco had a tough time on Sunday managing ZERO TD’s.
- Robert Griffin III had a lackluster performance that ended with a concussion. Kirk Cousins, a Card Geek favorite until he was drafted to back up RG3, came in and looked very good…for about 6 plays.
- Blaine Gabbert’s head is once again being called for. While he hasn’t been amazing he did get beat up by the same team that picked off Tony Romo five times last week so give him a little slack. He is a reasonable buy low option right now for those who still have faith.
- CJ Spiller…and all of the Bills. They got absolutely crushed.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis appears to have been demoted to a full on timeshare. I doubt many people had a bunch of his cards but if they did they won’t be happy with this.
- Cam Newton’s sophomore sadness continues. He looks really bad. He is being exposed this year. Last year he survived on the long ball and this year he doesn’t have the time to throw the long ball. That offensive line is hurting a lot of people….what’s up Ryan Kalil? Super Bowl bound huh? HA!
The checklist was released a few days ago and here it is:
Shawon Dunston Jr.
I’ve come to the realization that I am working far too many sets. Can you help me thin the herd or possibly help me find some of my missing cards? Here are the ones I’m working on with my justification for each. I may realize while justifying some of them that I actually have no justification whatsoever. Here we go…
- 2001 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Football
I’m not even going to explain this one. This is the nicest looking autograph card set ever created in my opinion. Gorgeous. The checklist has a few weak spots but compared to newer checklists it is still quite amazing…Unitas, Namath, Marino, Jim Brown, Montana, Steve Young, P. Manning etc.
2. 2008 Topps Chrome Football Blue Refractor Set
I opened a lot of this product and the Blue Refractor is very nice looking. Also I love the 2008 rookie class.
I love Topps Chrome. I love the RC’s and what is better than the Autographed RC’s. The auto patches are too limited and I don’t care about the event worn crap anyway.
4. 2007 Bowman Heritage Baseball Signs of Greatness
I opened a couple boxes and love the look of the set. The checklist is garbage with the exception of Chipper, Posada and David Wright though unfortunately. Might be disbanding this one soon.
5. 2009 Press Pass Signature Edition Gridiron Graphs
I opened a boatload of this product when Blowout had a 2 pack blister listed at $12 each. I think I opened roughly 30 of them. I love on card autographs, variations and cool inserts. Also this was the last year Press Pass was able to have players in college jerseys. Sigh.
6. 2008-09 Upper Deck Champs Hockey Master Set
This is frankly an insane chase set but it has been a lot of fun to work on. Tons of different cards to chase with the Hall of Legends Jerseys that has an excellent checklist and the Super SP autos. I’ll probably never finish this one but I’m not giving it up anytime soon either. Imagine Allen & Ginter but in Hockey (for those baseball fans reading).
7. 2005 Donruss Classics VIP Membership Patch Variation #’d /25
I pulled one of these back in 2005 of Steve Young. A month later I landed a 3 color Jerry Rice. Since the 49ers are my favorite team I could have easily stopped there. I did not. This set is too cool with some great names. Marino, Tomlinson, Taylor etc.
8. 2001 Playoff Honors Pro Bowl Patches
These are cool. No doubting that. Some people really don’t like the Pro Bowl Patches. I love them.
9. 2008-09 Upper Deck Young Guns Series 1 All in BGS 9.5 or better
This one is kind of silly too but this set does have three of my favorite St. Louis Blues: Patrik Berglund, Alex Pietrangelo and T.J. Oshie.
What sets are you chasing? As many as me? More? Am I insane? Probably.
- A top prospect autograph with a print run of 10 for just a shade over $5. Impressive @nyr4life- Thomas Hickey Auto 7/10
- Another grab by @nyr4life that is a more than stellar pickup. $9.99 for a Mirror black is a good deal any day of the week! Thomas Plekanec Mirror Black 11-12 Certified 1/1
- @sellmycardsonline grabbed a Sam Bradford 2011 Prime Signatures Autograph numbered to 25 for $17.11 after getting a second chance offer from a seller who listed the card with a reserve that wasn’t met. Congrats on adding that to your Bradford collection.
- An anonymous submitter (not sure if it was intentionally anonymous) found this Maurice Cheeks Cramer’s Choice style autograph #’d to 74 from Panini Preferred and the nicest looking version outside of the green one, for only $7.50.
Keep submitting your steals to us via twitter or through our steal submitter.
Grab a personal collection item you’ve been wanting for quite a while at a bargain price? Find a Brett Favre RC with the auction title spelled “Farve”. We want to hear about it.
Send us a link (a story if you’d like) and we’ll post it to our soon to be revealed eBay steals page. We’ll probably tweet or post it to our facebook as well.
Advertise your auctions by sending us a link to an individual auction. Submit as many as you want. Just know that if the price is too high it won’t be posted.
The promo in question will give 10 lucky winners a chance to get their own card in 2013. While only one of them will get their card in the 2013 Bowman set, at least all 10 will be getting a Yu Darvish autographed ball. While that’s cool dropping 10 of these in a product with an absolutely insane high print run doesn’t get many collectors drooling. Here is the release from Topps. What’s your take? Our take is that nobody but half of dozen people on the planet will want the card of the winning collector. I’m sure there will be parallels of said collector as well. Imagine pulling the red 1/1 of John Smith, Right hand pitcher pourer, from Pittsburgh, PA. No thanks.